- 1 Can any concrete floor be polished?
- 2 How much does it cost to polish concrete floors?
- 3 Is polished concrete cheaper than tiles?
- 4 What is the best finish for concrete floors?
- 5 Can I polish concrete yourself?
- 6 How long does it take to polish concrete floors?
- 7 Does polished concrete crack?
- 8 How do you keep polished concrete floors shiny?
- 9 What makes concrete shiny?
- 10 Can you use vinegar to clean concrete floors?
- 11 Is polished cement floor expensive?
- 12 Is polished concrete cheaper than hardwood?
- 13 Can you use a steam mop on polished concrete floors?
Can any concrete floor be polished?
Almost any structurally sound concrete floor, whether new or old, can be polished. However there are some exceptions, for example with new floors no special mix design is required to achieve good results – although the floor should be in place at least 28 days before polishing begins to ensure adequate curing.
How much does it cost to polish concrete floors?
Polished Concrete Cost. Economical: You can expect to pay between $3 and $12 per square foot for polished concrete, depending on your location and the complexity of the project.
Is polished concrete cheaper than tiles?
This is because of the complicated steps involved to create the smooth and consistent finish you are after. Compare that to polished concrete look floor tiles, which cost a fraction of the price at TFO. Even including the cost of installation, it would be much cheaper to use concrete look tiles.
What is the best finish for concrete floors?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
Can I polish concrete yourself?
To polish concrete the do -it- yourself way, you’re going to need a concrete grinder. In addition, you’ll have to get your hands on an assortment of grinding discs (in a wide variety of grits, from 30 to 3,000) as well as polishing pads. Polishing concrete bears some similarities to sanding a hardwood floor.
How long does it take to polish concrete floors?
Depending on the area, the level of polish, and the obstacles, the polishing can take upwards of 2 to 3 days. However, you can use the surface immediately after the polishing is done. For more information on polished concrete, or to get an estimate, you can contact us at The Floor Company.
Does polished concrete crack?
“ Polished concrete is more susceptible to cracking.” Keep in mind that all concrete floors will crack, whether polished, coated, or untreated. Cracks can be somewhat controlled by sawing joints into the surface of the floor, and existing cracks can be filled and sealed to prevent further damage.
How do you keep polished concrete floors shiny?
HOW TO CARE FOR POLISHED CONCRETE FLOORS
- Dust mop the floor daily with a microfiber pad to keep dirt particles off the floor.
- If wet mopping the floor, always use clean water and clean mops.
- When wet mopping, use a neutral floor cleaner formulated to suspend the dirt particles so they can be more easily removed.
What makes concrete shiny?
A glossy sealer creates a shiny surface, and an acrylic wax adds an additional protective coat. Polyurethane and epoxy sealers resist abrasion, stains and heavy traffic particularly well, but water-based acrylic sealers are less expensive and easier to apply.
Can you use vinegar to clean concrete floors?
A natural, all-purpose cleaner, white vinegar is one of the best ways to clean concrete, especially if your floor has stubborn stains caused by mildew or grease. Vinegar also works as a phenomenal spot treatment and stain remover.
Is polished cement floor expensive?
Is a polished concrete floor expensive? With an average price of $3 to $8 per square foot, polished concrete is comparable or less expensive than other flooring materials.
Is polished concrete cheaper than hardwood?
It is possible for a “fancy” concrete floor to be more expensive than an economical hardwood floor. In general, a tight budget will find concrete floors more budget-friendly, but it depends on the design and finish of the concrete floor.
Can you use a steam mop on polished concrete floors?
No. A steam mop should never be used on a Polished Concrete floor. Nor should one use harsh chemicals such as bleach, citrus products or oils. A microfibre mop is all that is required in conjunction with water or a low ph cleaner.