- 1 What are concrete details?
- 2 What is a concrete detail sentence?
- 3 What are concrete details in an essay?
- 4 What are the three types of concrete details?
- 5 What is an example of concrete thinking?
- 6 What is sensory detail?
- 7 How do you start a concrete detail?
- 8 What are the concrete words?
- 9 How do you write on concrete?
- 10 Are concrete details quotes?
- 11 How many concrete details are needed in a body paragraph?
- 12 What is a concrete language?
- 13 What is Renns formula?
- 14 What are concrete and sensory details?
- 15 What is a commentary detail?
What are concrete details?
What Are Concrete Details? A concrete detail is a descriptive detail grounded in specificity. Why do stories need specific details? Because clarity and specificity trigger a personal response from readers.
What is a concrete detail sentence?
Concrete detail (CD)
This sentence is the “what” is happening. It should be either facts, examples, illustrations, evidence, support, plot references, paraphrases, citations, quotations, plot summary, etc. It should be a concrete detail and should start with ‘for example’ or a different transition.
What are concrete details in an essay?
Concrete details are things that we can detect with our senses. In contrast, abstract details describe things that cannot be heard, seen, or smelled. “A green pencil” is concrete, while “satisfaction” is abstract.
What are the three types of concrete details?
Find here Details of some of these various types of concrete.
- Normal Strength Concrete. The concrete that is obtained by mixing the basic ingredients cement, water and aggregate will give us normal strength concrete.
- Plain Concrete. The plain concrete will have no reinforcement in it.
- Reinforced Concrete.
What is an example of concrete thinking?
A concrete thinker can recognize that John likes Betty; a more abstract thinker can reflect on emotions, like affection. Another example of concrete thinking in young children is a two or three year old who thinks that as long as he stays out of his bedroom, it will not be bed time.
What is sensory detail?
Sensory details appeal to the five senses: sight, sound, smell, touch, taste. When writing a personal narrative, your objective is to get the reader to feel like they are there with you. Adding sensory details will help you achieve this goal.
How do you start a concrete detail?
Remember that instead of starting all your commentary sentences with the pronoun “This,” use a synonym for the key word(s) in your topic sentence. Or, you can imbed the starter idea within your sentence as long as it shows that you are elaborating on the concrete detail sentence.
What are the concrete words?
Concrete words refer to tangible, qualities or characteristics, things we know through our senses. Words and phrases like “102 degrees,” “obese Siamese cat,” and “deep spruce green” are concrete.
How do you write on concrete?
- Choose an object to be the subject for your poem. Good suggestions for beginners could be favorite animals or favorite foods.
- Draw a simple outline of its shape on paper or on the computer. If you’re using paper, draw with a pencil not a pen.
- Write your poem normally.
Are concrete details quotes?
–You can either directly quote the concrete detail or you can summarize it in your own words.
- Direct quotes should be kept short unless absolutely necessary.
- Summaries need to be accurate to the original passage and should include as many specific details as possible.
How many concrete details are needed in a body paragraph?
A body paragraph is one of three or more paragraphs that addresses the topic or the ideas of the essay. A two chunk paragraph contains a transition word, a topic sentence, a concrete detail, two commentary sentences, another concrete detail, two more commentary sentences, and a concluding sentence.
What is a concrete language?
Concrete language gives readers a clear understanding of what you are writing about, whether it is a place, event, person, or other topic, by providing precise details and specific identifying information. Without concrete language, writing can seem vague, unclear, or uninteresting.
What is Renns formula?
RENNS stands for Reasons, Examples, Names, Numbers, Senses (sight, sound, smell, taste, touch).
What are concrete and sensory details?
In writing, concrete terms are clearer and more interesting than abstract terms. In more concrete terms, “I want a gold Rolex on my wrist and a Mercedes Benz in my driveway.” Sensory details are elaborations of specific sensations experienced through sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell.
What is a commentary detail?
Writing commentary means giving your opinion, interpretation, insight, analysis, explication, personal reaction, evaluation or reflection about a concrete detail in an essay. You are “commenting on” a point you have made. Commentary is what makes an essay interesting to read. Writing commentary requires extra effort.