- 1 How wide does a shower curb need to be?
- 2 How many 2×4 do I need for a shower curb?
- 3 Does a shower need a curb?
- 4 How high should cement board be in shower?
- 5 Can I use cement board for shower floor?
- 6 Can you use durock for shower floor?
- 7 How much should a shower curb overhang?
- 8 Do you need a shower liner on concrete floor?
- 9 How do you Slope a shower floor?
How wide does a shower curb need to be?
Bradesp, You want your finished hieght of your curb to be a minimum of 2″ above the top of the drain, unless you are building a curbless shower. The width of the curb will need to provide a minimum of 2″ on either side of the glass (if using glass) and allow for a comfortable step.
How many 2×4 do I need for a shower curb?
Step 1: Form the Shower Curb
If you’re working on a wooden floor, I recommend stacking about two or three 2 x 4 wood on each other to create your curb.
Does a shower need a curb?
Without a curb, the shower water isn’t contained in the tub area and can get EVERYWHERE. A curved shower wall can help direct the water to the drain as well. The most important consideration is to make sure to slope the shower floor away from the shower entrance.
How high should cement board be in shower?
Start installing your boards a quarter inch above the floor, tub, or shower board and caulk accordingly. 2. Fasten cement board with specified nails or screws, a maximum of 8” on center at all supports.
Can I use cement board for shower floor?
Do not use cement board on its own. Your shower will leak and you will be tearing it out within a year.
Can you use durock for shower floor?
Installing cement backerboard is one of the more popular choices for a shower wall substrate. Cement backerboards include Hardiebacker, Durock, Fiberboard, wonderboard, and similar products. These materials bridge the gap between expense and effectiveness.
How much should a shower curb overhang?
Consider a shower threshold that overhangs each side of the curb by about a half-inch. Inside the shower, that overhang will stop water that’s kicked up along the edges. On the outside, the slight lip helps define the height of the curb for better safety as you’re getting in the shower.
Do you need a shower liner on concrete floor?
JRC3 Member. It will need to be lined or it will wick into the slab and studding. The liner also makes the walls around the pan water-tight, that’s why the liner normally goes up at least 3″ above the pan behind the tile and backer material. Moisture gets behind the wall tile and is eventually caught by the liner.
How do you Slope a shower floor?
1) Measure from the drain opening to the furthest wall, then round up to the nearest foot. Calculate the slope by multiplying the measurement by 1/4 inch. For instance, if the drain opening measures 2-foot 8-inches from the furthest wall, then the shower floor should slope 3/4 inch from that wall to the drain.