- 1 What is the best paint for concrete pool deck?
- 2 Should I paint my concrete pool deck?
- 3 How much does it cost to paint a concrete pool deck?
- 4 What kind of paint do you use on a pool deck?
- 5 What is the best outdoor paint for concrete?
- 6 Can you use deck paint on concrete?
- 7 Can you paint a concrete pool?
- 8 What pool deck surface is the best?
- 9 Can you resurface concrete pool deck?
- 10 Do I need to seal my concrete pool deck?
- 11 Is paint or stain better for concrete?
- 12 How long does pool paint last?
- 13 Can you paint cool deck around pool?
- 14 How long does it take for pool deck paint to dry?
What is the best paint for concrete pool deck?
Types Of Pool Deck Paints
- Water-Based Acrylic Paints.
- Premium Acrylic Deck Paints.
- Epoxy Pool Paints.
- Our Top Pick for Best Pool Deck Paint is the TotalBoat TotalTread Non-Skid Deck Paint.
- Best for Wooden Decks: Kilz Over Armor Textured Wood Coating.
- Best for Concrete Decks: INSL-X Sure Step Anti-Slip Coating.
Should I paint my concrete pool deck?
Concrete pool decks won’t need to use a primer coat, but two coats of our pool deck paint is recommended. If the pool deck surface is extremely rough and pitted, you may even want 3 coats, or a thick initial coating.
How much does it cost to paint a concrete pool deck?
The cost to paint a deck ranges from $600 to $1,500 or about $2 to $5 per square foot.
What kind of paint do you use on a pool deck?
Liquid Rubber Deck Coating. Liquid Rubber Deck Coating is probably the best pool deck paint for rough surfaces. It will give you a hard, waterproof, non-skid surface on anything it’s applied to. One of the great things about this paint is that it’s UV stable, which means it won’t fade from being exposed to the sun.
What is the best outdoor paint for concrete?
The 7 top concrete paints for any project
- Best overall: Rust-Oleum Decorative Concrete Coating.
- Best for your budget: Kilz Decorative Concrete Coating.
- Most weather resistant: In The Swim Patio And Deck.
- Best for your driveway: Rust-Oleum EpoxyShield Professional Floor Coating Kit.
- Best for your porch: INSL-X Sure Step.
Can you use deck paint on concrete?
Coat all areas of bare concrete with a suitable primer, such as Behr Concrete & Masonry Bonding Primer. That needs to cure at least eight hours. Then you can paint with a product designed for exterior concrete, such as Behr Premium Plus Porch & Patio Floor Paint.
Can you paint a concrete pool?
For most of the swimming pool aftermarket, concrete pool paint will be the interior finish of choice simply due to the reduced costs when compared to re-plastering. Since concrete pools can be serviceable even after as much as 50-70 years then the interior surface of your pool may have many old layers of paint.
What pool deck surface is the best?
Poured concrete has been the material of choice for pool decking for decades because it’s durable and water-resistant. When finished with a brushed surface, poured concrete allows swimmers to walk barefooted without the risk of slipping.
Can you resurface concrete pool deck?
Concrete pool deck resurfacing can spice up your old pool deck without the hassle of tearing out the old concrete and pouring new. Pool deck resurfacing is a process that either repairs damaged concrete surfaces or updates their look.
Do I need to seal my concrete pool deck?
A sealer will improve your pool deck’s appearance, prevent fading caused by UV rays and protect it from stains and harmful pool chemicals. Whether your pool deck is plain gray concrete, stained concrete or has a stamped texture, sealing after the concrete has cured and every few years after is recommended.
Is paint or stain better for concrete?
Of the two types of floor paints, latex paint is the best garage floor coating option, and oil paint the is best for concrete porches and patios. Floor and concrete stains are usually easier to apply than paints, but they require more frequent reapplication to keep looking fresh.
How long does pool paint last?
When it comes to durability, both plaster and pool paint are built to hold up against the chemicals in your pool and natural conditions outside of it such as harmful UV rays; however, most pool plaster lasts 15-20 years, while epoxy pool paint – the longest-lasting type of pool paint on the market – needs to be
Can you paint cool deck around pool?
Paint can fill up the texturing in the cool deck and make it slippery, which is not a good thing around a pool. Over time, the paint also can become scratched from pool furniture, potted plants, toys and other items. Pool chlorine also will bleach the color from the paint, leaving little white spots all over your deck.
How long does it take for pool deck paint to dry?
Keep off Newly Painted or Stained Deck
In average conditions, your paint or stain will be dry to the touch within 1-2 hours, but you should not walk on it for probably 4-6 hours. In cooler weather or during periods of high humidity, you will need to wait even longer than this.