- 1 How do I make my concrete floor shine?
- 2 How much does it cost to polish a concrete floor?
- 3 What is the best way to polish concrete?
- 4 Can you polish existing concrete?
- 5 What is the best finish for concrete floors?
- 6 How long does it take to polish a concrete floor?
- 7 How do you restore a concrete floor?
- 8 Can you polish concrete with sandpaper?
- 9 Can you use an angle grinder to polish concrete?
- 10 Can you polish concrete with a floor buffer?
- 11 What is the process of polishing concrete?
- 12 Can I polish my concrete basement floor?
- 13 Can you polish concrete under tiles?
How do I make my concrete floor shine?
After you stain your concrete floor with the color of your choice, you should apply a concrete sealer. A glossy sealer creates a shiny surface, and an acrylic wax adds an additional protective coat.
How much does it cost to polish a concrete floor?
Polished Concrete Cost. Economical: You can expect to pay between $3 and $12 per square foot for polished concrete, depending on your location and the complexity of the project.
What is the best way to polish concrete?
Grind with a 150-grit metal-bonded diamond (or finer, if desired). Apply a chemical hardener to densify the concrete. Polish with a 100- or 200-grit resin-bond diamond, or a combination of the two. Polish with a 400-grit resin-bond diamond.
Can you polish existing concrete?
Almost any structurally sound concrete floor, whether new or old, can be polished. However there are some exceptions, for example with new floors no special mix design is required to achieve good results – although the floor should be in place at least 28 days before polishing begins to ensure adequate curing.
What is the best finish for concrete floors?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
How long does it take to polish a concrete floor?
Depending on the area, the level of polish, and the obstacles, the polishing can take upwards of 2 to 3 days. However, you can use the surface immediately after the polishing is done.
How do you restore a concrete floor?
How to refinish concrete floors
- Prepare & Repair. Etch, grind, or shot blast the concrete surface to make it porous.
- Clean & Prime. Mop and let the concrete slab thoroughly dry.
- Mix Product.
- Apply Overlay.
- Add Patterns & Texture.
- Cure & Seal.
Can you polish concrete with sandpaper?
Whereas with wood, you use sandpaper, with concrete polishing you use special diamond-segmented abrasives. As with wood, you use gradually finer abrasives to give a smooth, glossy, mirror-like finish. Concrete can be polished using either a wet or dry method.
Can you use an angle grinder to polish concrete?
An angle grinder can be used to level, smooth and polish concrete by grinding it down. They can also be used to remove paint and floor adhesives. To grind concrete with a angle grinder you need a diamond cup wheel, a dust shroud attachment, and a vacuum cleaner.
Can you polish concrete with a floor buffer?
The finishing touch should be concrete polish. Use with the floor buffer all around the area. This polish seals the wax and creates the layer that you want to protect against dirty shoes and wheels. Apply evenly using the buffer, until you have covered the whole floor.
What is the process of polishing concrete?
Polished concrete is a multi-step process where a concrete floor is mechanically ground, honed and polished with bonded abrasives in order to cut a concrete floor’s surface. It is then refined with each cut in order to achieve a specified level of appearance.
Can I polish my concrete basement floor?
Sources I’ve seen state that nearly any concrete floor can be polished, so long as it is structurally sound. Floors that are very porous, need extensive patching, or are wavy are probably not good candidates. New slabs need to cure for 28 days before polishing.
Can you polish concrete under tiles?
Let’s talk about the concrete itself.
Concrete that is engineered to be polished is usually specified at 40MPA compressive strength or sometimes 32MPA, and concrete under 32MPA is generally considered too soft and not recommended for honing or polishing.