- 1 What is the best thing to clean stained concrete floors?
- 2 Can you refinish stained concrete floors?
- 3 How do you get the shine back on stained concrete floors?
- 4 Can you buff stained concrete?
- 5 Can you use Pine Sol on stained concrete floors?
- 6 Can you use vinegar on stained concrete?
- 7 Is it cheaper to tile or stained concrete?
- 8 How do you revive stained concrete?
- 9 Can you use Mop and Glo on stained concrete?
- 10 What is the best finish for concrete floors?
- 11 What kind of wax do you use on stained concrete floors?
- 12 Can dogs scratch stained concrete?
- 13 How do you deep clean polished concrete?
- 14 Does stained concrete scratch easily?
What is the best thing to clean stained concrete floors?
WHAT CLEANERS SHOULD I USE ON MY CONCRETE FLOORS?
- A pH-neutral cleaner is best for decorative concrete flooring.
- Avoid harsh cleaning products such as ammonia, citrus, bleach, vinegar or pine cleaners because they can react with the concrete and etch the surface.
Can you refinish stained concrete floors?
The only true type of concrete staining is acid staining, which seeps into the concrete’s pores to actually become a part of the concrete surface. You can restain concrete if it’s already been stained, but it won’t be as rich of a color, as it may not take in all areas of the concrete.
How do you get the shine back on stained concrete floors?
Stained concrete floors are easy to clean and keep shiny.
- Sweep your floor. Use a dustmop to avoid damaging the surface of your stained concrete floor.
- Mop your floors. Use a damp mop for occasional cleanup.
- Seal your floors.
- Wax your floors.
- Avoid scuffing your floor.
- Maintain your shiny floors.
Can you buff stained concrete?
Spray buffing can be an effective, time saving method to restore the sheen and finish of an acid-stained concrete floor but needs to be done carefully and with the appropriate equipment and materials. “Spray Buffing” is an alternative method of re-coating a floor with floor finish.
Can you use Pine Sol on stained concrete floors?
You can use Pine–Sol® Cleaners on most concrete floors. Pine–Sol® Cleaners are concentrated formulas that you dilute for most jobs. For general concrete cleanup, use a 24 oz.
Can you use vinegar on stained concrete?
Vinegar is great on stained concrete due to it being non-toxic with no harmful fumes. It’s also really good for getting up baked-on grease spills or any mold or mildew that may appear. Dilute it with warm water for better cleaning.
Is it cheaper to tile or stained concrete?
Staining a concrete floor typically costs less than tiling. Installing ceramic or porcelain tile costs on average between $15 and $20 per square foot.
How do you revive stained concrete?
To change the color, we’re covering the two most common solutions here: You can re-stain the floors (by applying a new penetrating sealant) or paint them (by applying an industrial coating).
Can you use Mop and Glo on stained concrete?
Waxing Products and Concrete Flooring
Not all types of concrete flooring will benefit from this treatment, but high gloss polished flooring and some types of stained concrete flooring will. Do not use cheap wax-cleanser combination products, such as Mop-n-Glo and other products available at your local grocery store.
What is the best finish for concrete floors?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
What kind of wax do you use on stained concrete floors?
Cherry Wax is water-based and applies easily with a microfiber dust mop, synthetic fiber wax applicator or lambs wool applicator. Cherry Wax provides excellent scuff and abrasion resistance for all types of interior flooring applications including stained concrete floors and epoxy floors.
Can dogs scratch stained concrete?
Concrete has similar virtues when used as a residential flooring material. It is difficult to damage, and high heels, furniture legs, and pet claws won’t scratch the surface.
How do you deep clean polished concrete?
HOW TO CARE FOR POLISHED CONCRETE FLOORS
- Dust mop the floor daily with a microfiber pad to keep dirt particles off the floor.
- If wet mopping the floor, always use clean water and clean mops.
- When wet mopping, use a neutral floor cleaner formulated to suspend the dirt particles so they can be more easily removed.
Does stained concrete scratch easily?
Does Stained Concrete Scratch Easily? As I mentioned before, stained concrete is more susceptible to scratches compared to polished concrete. That’s why you should opt for polished concrete in high-traffic areas in your house, to make sure that it’s as durable and scratch-resistant as possible.