- 1 How much does it cost to stain a concrete driveway?
- 2 What is the best concrete stain for a driveway?
- 3 What is the easiest way to stain concrete?
- 4 Can I change the color of my concrete driveway?
- 5 Do you have to acid wash concrete before staining?
- 6 Should I stain my concrete driveway?
- 7 What is the cheapest way to stain concrete?
- 8 Is it better to stain or paint concrete?
- 9 Does concrete stain last?
- 10 Is it hard to stain concrete?
- 11 How do you apply stain to concrete?
- 12 How long after staining concrete can you seal it?
- 13 How can I make my concrete driveway look good?
- 14 Can I paint my concrete driveway?
- 15 How do you match concrete to old concrete?
How much does it cost to stain a concrete driveway?
Typically, staining concrete costs between $7 and $15 per square foot. Contractors charge between $2 and $4 per square foot for a simple stain job and between $12 and $25 per square foot for a high-end design.
What is the best concrete stain for a driveway?
Antiquing Stain is available in 40 colors, is also a good option if you prefer a more solid color appearance or need to finish a project quickly. It’s easy and fast to apply for a rich, long-lasting color. Antiquing Stain is our most popular product for staining driveways.
What is the easiest way to stain concrete?
Dampen the area with water but do not let it puddle. Spray in an overlapping manner, maintaining a wet edge. Allow acid stain to react with the concrete floor for at least 6-hours. Clean residue and pour water on floor to approximate the final color.
Can I change the color of my concrete driveway?
Yes it is totally possible to change the colour of your concrete. You would first need to remove the old sealer using the Stripping solution (link below), then apply the Solid colour stain. If you want to just have it one colour then you can finish here by applying a sealer over the top.
Do you have to acid wash concrete before staining?
Schmidt also warns against acid etching of floors before staining. A lot of people think they need to acid etch the concrete like they do before applying a paint or coating, to get the paint to adhere. But acid washing depletes the lime content, which is what the minerals in the acid stain react with.
Should I stain my concrete driveway?
Staining is an economical and highly versatile way to upgrade the look of both new and existing concrete driveways. Stains penetrate deeply into the concrete surface, producing fade-resistant, permanent color that will not flake off or peel away.
What is the cheapest way to stain concrete?
There are products on the market that will paint or resurface concrete but to go cheap, use the least expensive oil base stain or paint you can find. Mix the paint/stain with paint thinner in a 50-50 solution. That is one gallon of paint to one gallon of paint thinner.
Is it better to stain or paint concrete?
Concrete stain embeds the surface to color it translucently, while opaque concrete paint covers the top of the concrete but is subject to chipping and peeling when improperly applied. Concrete stains go on quicker, dry faster and take less work than concrete paint, but they offer no significant protection.
Does concrete stain last?
Although concrete stain is permanent and won’t flake off like paint, it penetrates only the top layer of the concrete surface and will eventually wear away as the surface is worn by traffic or weather exposure.
Is it hard to stain concrete?
IS IT HARD TO STAIN CONCRETE? Overall, staining concrete can look like a simple process. However, it is important to keep in mind that while your stain is permanent, so are your mistakes.
How do you apply stain to concrete?
How to Apply Concrete Stain
- protect brickwork with plastic wrap. Wash the Area. Pressure wash the area.
- apply stain with plastic garden sprayer. Apply the Stain.
- hose down area to remove residue. Add a Second Coat.
- use a gloss finish water based sealer. Apply the Sealer.
How long after staining concrete can you seal it?
Be sure and remove any residue left behind if using our acid stain, then apply sealer. Don’t seal too soon as there could be moisture in the floor and hazing can occur. A good rule of thumb is to wait 24 hours time after any water has been applied to the floor before sealing.
How can I make my concrete driveway look good?
6 Ways to Make Your Driveway Look Amazing
- #1: Etching. Nothing sets your driveway apart from the rest like etching.
- #2: Staining. Tired of plain old gray?
- #3: Stamping. Similar to staining or etching, concrete stamping can also spruce up your driveway with color and a pattern.
- #4: Weeding.
- #5: Pavers.
- #6: Resin Bound.
Can I paint my concrete driveway?
Driveway paint is very thick and the first coat should be thin enough to fill the rough concrete surface. Begin by painting the edges (‘cutting in’) and details of the driveway using a paint brush. Use a roller to apply paint evenly over the rest of the driveway. Leave the paint to cure for at least 16 hours.
How do you match concrete to old concrete?
Some contractors use one or more muriatic acid washes to artificially weather concrete. Others suggest first etching the surface, then washing it with a mixture of carbon black and water. A third alternate is using a diluted black or brown concrete stain to darken the color.