- 1 What to use to fill holes in concrete floor?
- 2 What kind of concrete do you use to patch a basement floor?
- 3 How do you repair a damaged concrete floor?
- 4 What is best to patch concrete?
- 5 What is the best way to patch concrete?
- 6 Can crumbling concrete be repaired?
- 7 Will fresh concrete stick to old concrete?
- 8 Can I sand concrete?
- 9 Can you use thinset to patch concrete?
- 10 How do you fix concrete scaling?
What to use to fill holes in concrete floor?
If you can’t find premixed concrete patch, you can make your own by mixing one part cement to 2.5 parts fine sand. To fill holes deeper then 1/4 inch, apply at least two layers of the cement patch. To make sure the patch sets properly, cover it with plastic sheeting for about five days.
What kind of concrete do you use to patch a basement floor?
QUIKRETE Vinyl Concrete Patcher or QUIKRETE Concrete Patching Compound may be used. Clean the surface of the damaged area by removing any loose material such as dirt, oil, or grease and unsound or flaking concrete.
How do you repair a damaged concrete floor?
Concrete Floors and subfloors can be repaired using some common methods.
Sealers and coatings comprises of four divisions;
- High Molecular Weight Methacrylic Sealing Compounds.
- Low Viscosity Epoxy Sealing Compounds.
- Silane and Siloxane Sealing Compound.
- Coating Compounds for Concrete.
What is best to patch concrete?
Vinyl Concrete Patcher is ideal for making smooth repairs to crack or chipped concrete floors, sidewalks or steps. It has strong adhesive properties allowing it to be applied down to a featheredge. Quikrete 10 lb. Vinyl Concrete Patcher is made of a special blend of vinyl resin, fine sand and Portland cement.
What is the best way to patch concrete?
- Using a Chisel, Make the Crack Wider at the Bottom than the Top.
- Clean Out the Debris with a Stiff Fiber or Wire Brush.
- Fill the Crack with Patching Mix (also know as Vinyl Concrete)
- Address Any Pop-Outs.
- Wet the Surface and Apply a Concrete Bonding Agent.
- Pack a Small Amount of Anchoring Cement into the Hole.
Can crumbling concrete be repaired?
The Cure for Crumbling Concrete Steps
As long as the steps are structurally sound—meaning, they’re not spalling, flaking, or broken all the way through—you can repair most surface issues. If your patch is thicker, build the vinyl concrete patcher up in ¼ inch applications.
Will fresh concrete stick to old concrete?
Fact: Fresh wet concrete does not normally bond well to existing dry concrete.
Can I sand concrete?
The good news is that concrete can be sanded with relative ease when the proper equipment is used, such as a good concrete sandpaper (made using diamond instead of sand). There are also three different types of sanded finish you can achieve, depending upon the tools and amount of removed material.
Can you use thinset to patch concrete?
Whether you have cracks, chips or just a stained concrete slab, Thinset helps cover the old surface and create a new problem-free area. The thin mix is laid over the old concrete, slipping into cracks and crevices, hardening quickly into a smooth surface.
How do you fix concrete scaling?
Provide proper curing by using liquid membrane curing compound or by covering the surface of freshly placed slab with wet burlap and polyethylene sheets or a non-woven geotextile. Maintain the concrete temperature at a minimum of 10C for at least 7 days.