- 1 What is an example of concrete language?
- 2 What is a sentence for concrete?
- 3 Which is the best example of a concrete word?
- 4 How do you start a concrete sentence?
- 5 What are concrete examples?
- 6 What is an example of concrete thinking?
- 7 What do you mean concrete?
- 8 What’s another word for concrete?
- 9 What is a concrete statement?
- 10 Is money an abstract concept?
- 11 Is language abstract or concrete?
- 12 What are different types of concrete?
- 13 How do you write on concrete?
- 14 Are concrete details quotes?
- 15 What is a concrete detail sentence?
What is an example of concrete language?
Concrete words refer to tangible, qualities or characteristics, things we know through our senses. Words and phrases like “102 degrees,” “obese Siamese cat,” and “deep spruce green” are concrete.
What is a sentence for concrete?
1 The terminal was constructed of reinforced concrete. 2 The posts have to be set in concrete. 3 Concrete is a mixture of sand and cement. 4 A row of reinforced concrete pillars supports the bridge.
Which is the best example of a concrete word?
Concrete terms refer to objects or events that are available to the senses. [This is directly opposite to abstract terms, which name things that are not available to the senses.] Examples of concrete terms include spoon, table, velvet eye patch, nose ring, sinus mask, green, hot, walking.
How do you start a concrete sentence?
Remember that instead of starting all your commentary sentences with the pronoun “This,” use a synonym for the key word(s) in your topic sentence. Or, you can imbed the starter idea within your sentence as long as it shows that you are elaborating on the concrete detail sentence.
What are concrete examples?
A concrete example is an example that can be touched or sensed as opposed to an abstract example which can’t be.
What is an example of concrete thinking?
A concrete thinker can recognize that John likes Betty; a more abstract thinker can reflect on emotions, like affection. Another example of concrete thinking in young children is a two or three year old who thinks that as long as he stays out of his bedroom, it will not be bed time.
What do you mean concrete?
Concrete is that pourable mix of cement, water, sand, and gravel that hardens into a super-strong building material. Sidewalks, foundations, and highways are all made of concrete. When used as an adjective, concrete also means solid.
What’s another word for concrete?
In this page you can discover 86 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for concrete, like: pavement, cement, solid, actual, compact, consolidated, raft, indurate, precast, coalesce and particular.
What is a concrete statement?
It means a specific statement, or one that sets out a fact or something that’s supposed to be a fact. Have you looked at the dictionary definition of “concrete“? concrete: being a real or actual thing; solid; substantial:[often: before a noun] concrete proof.
Is money an abstract concept?
Money is created from thin air (AKA nothing) but worth is defined in the mind. It exists no where else, hence money is kind of abstract since it’s worth is only in the mind. That bank note is not money, it’s a representation of how much money it’s worth.
Is language abstract or concrete?
It risks insulting readers’ intelligence to spell out that concrete words refer to things that can be seen and touched, and abstract words to concepts. Concrete language is about concrete things, and abstract language is about abstractions.
What are different types of concrete?
Types of concrete
- 1 Introduction.
- 2 Plain/ordinary concrete.
- 3 Lightweight concrete.
- 4 High density concrete.
- 5 Reinforced concrete.
- 6 Precast concrete.
- 7 Prestressed concrete.
- 8 Glass reinforced concrete.
How do you write on concrete?
- Choose an object to be the subject for your poem. Good suggestions for beginners could be favorite animals or favorite foods.
- Draw a simple outline of its shape on paper or on the computer. If you’re using paper, draw with a pencil not a pen.
- Write your poem normally.
Are concrete details quotes?
–You can either directly quote the concrete detail or you can summarize it in your own words.
- Direct quotes should be kept short unless absolutely necessary.
- Summaries need to be accurate to the original passage and should include as many specific details as possible.
What is a concrete detail sentence?
Concrete detail (CD)
This sentence is the “what” is happening. It should be either facts, examples, illustrations, evidence, support, plot references, paraphrases, citations, quotations, plot summary, etc. It should be a concrete detail and should start with ‘for example’ or a different transition.