- 1 How do you remove a metal fence post from concrete?
- 2 How do you remove posts from a concrete slab?
- 3 Can you reuse fence posts with concrete?
- 4 How do you remove a metal fence post with a car jack?
- 5 How do you straighten a concrete fence post without removing it?
- 6 How do you break up chemicals in concrete?
- 7 How do you remove concrete footings?
- 8 What do I use to cut a metal pole?
How do you remove a metal fence post from concrete?
To remove a metal fence post set in concrete, you can pry it out with a car jack, tractor, or lever made from lumber. If it’s set in continuous concrete, you may need some heavier machinery, like a jackhammer.
How do you remove posts from a concrete slab?
Use a diamond blade on a circular saw to make neat cuts 2-3″ from posts wherever possible, then an electric jackhammer to remove slab concrete and concrete post footing.
Can you reuse fence posts with concrete?
ARB1977. If the poles are out of the ground, hit the concrete with a sledge hammer a couple times and it comes right off. Some of those older poles are nice and heavy gauge (not like the thin ones sold now) and if not totally rusted are perfect to reuse.
How do you remove a metal fence post with a car jack?
- Step 1: Clear the Area Around the Post and Get Your Tools Ready. You need to ensure clear solid ground around the post.
- Step 2: Twist a Wire Loop Through the Lowest Holes and Position the Jack.
- Step 3: Position the Jack and Raise It.
- Step 4: Lower Lift and Remove Post!
- 5 Comments.
How do you straighten a concrete fence post without removing it?
The Fix-A-Fence Solution
- Step 1 – Prepare the Site.
- Step 2 – Prepare the Fix-a-Fence Kit.
- Step 3 – Position the Bracket in the Hole.
- Step 4 – Mix a 60lb Bag of Concrete.
- Step 5 – Fill the Hole with Concrete.
- Step 6 – Take a Break While the Concrete Cures.
- Step 7 – Reposition the Fence Post and Attach the Bracket.
How do you break up chemicals in concrete?
Dexpan is a cement with amazing 18,000 psi expansive strength when mixed with water. Poured into pre-drilled holes, Dexpan can break concrete and rocks safely and quietly, while providing silent cracking. It is safe, easy and cost effective. AKA Dexpan Expansive Demolition Grout, Rock Splitting Compound Chemical.
How do you remove concrete footings?
Steps in Removing Concrete Deck Footings
Using a spade shovel manually excavate around the footing at least 3/4 the way around and at least 2/3rds of the length of the footing. Dig until you see the footing wiggle a bit. The more you dig the easier the footing will come out.
What do I use to cut a metal pole?
- Fit your saw with a carbide blade. Carbide is an extremely hard material mixed into metal saw blades to allow them to cut steel and other metals.
- Mark a line for your cut using a chisel or the edge of a saw blade.
- Secure the pole.
- Cut the pole.
- Smooth the cut edges.