- 1 Can you lay decking directly on concrete?
- 2 Is it cheaper to pour concrete or build a deck?
- 3 How thick should a concrete deck be?
- 4 How do you attach something to concrete without drilling?
- 5 What should I put under my deck?
- 6 Can you cover concrete porch with wood?
- 7 How much does a 20×20 concrete patio cost?
- 8 What is the cheapest way to build a deck?
- 9 How much does a 14×20 deck cost?
- 10 Can I pour a 2 inch concrete slab?
- 11 How much does 30 yards of concrete cost?
- 12 How do you calculate concrete?
Can you lay decking directly on concrete?
Yes, you can lay or install composite decking on concrete if your want to.
Is it cheaper to pour concrete or build a deck?
Installing a patio flush to the ground can cost much less than a deck. At about $5 a square foot, concrete is usually the least expensive option. Patios are best suited for even ground and the cost of creating a level foundation is very high. Patios don’t require regular maintenance.
How thick should a concrete deck be?
The minimum thickness of any concrete slab is 4 inches. However, if the concrete patio will have heavy features added to it, you may want to thicken it to 6 or 8 inches. The concrete is typically laid on a 2-3 inch base of gravel, sand, limestone, or other aggregates.
How do you attach something to concrete without drilling?
A simple fix might include an adhesive or adhesive-baked hook, while there are other fasteners like hard wall hooks and masonry nails. Powder-actuated fasteners and concrete nail guns are useful for supporting frames and providing a much greater hold.
What should I put under my deck?
If the area under your deck or stairs will collect water or is prone to gathering moisture, an inorganic mulch such as gravel, crushed rocks or river rocks is best. Gravel is a good material to place under outdoor structures, because it allows water to drain and doesn’t decompose.
Can you cover concrete porch with wood?
Covering your concrete porch with wood provides a warmer feel. Covering a concrete porch with wood provides a warmer, cozier feel. It is also a good way to cover up peeling paint, slight chipping and discolored concrete. Whatever your reasons, adding a wood floor to your concrete porch is a fairly simple operation.
How much does a 20×20 concrete patio cost?
Cost to Install Concrete Patio by Size
|Size in Feet||Square Footage||Price Range|
|12×14||168||$1,400 – $4,000|
|15×15||225||$1,800 – $5,500|
|16×18||288||$2,300 – $7,200|
|20×20||400||$3,000 – $10,000|
What is the cheapest way to build a deck?
Matching deck dimensions to standard lumber lengths and using premade concrete piers, or footings, can also reduce cost. Choose wood, but carefully: Untreated wood decks are generally the cheapest to install, but don’t forget long-term costs.
How much does a 14×20 deck cost?
Cost To Build A Deck By Size
|Deck Size||Square Feet||Average Cost|
|12×20||240||$3,600 – $8,400|
|14×20||280||$4,200 – $9,800|
|16×16||256||$3,840 – $8,960|
|20×20||400||$6,000 – $14,000|
Can I pour a 2 inch concrete slab?
If done properly, new concrete can often be poured right over an existing slab. For this to be feasible, the contractor needs to pour at least 2 inches thick, use smaller aggregate, and incorporate reinforcement such as welded wire mesh or fiber mixed into the concrete.
How much does 30 yards of concrete cost?
Use $90 per cubic yard as a ballpark figure for concrete prices, but concrete slab cost will vary by region. Also, expect a fee of about $60 per load for delivery from a concrete truck for concrete cost. There could be other fees for such things as Saturday concrete truck delivery and small loads.
How do you calculate concrete?
How to calculate concrete:
- Determine how thick you want the concrete.
- Measure the length and width that you’d like to cover.
- Multiply the length by the width to determine square footage.
- Convert the thickness from inches to feet.
- Multiply the thickness in feet by the square footage to determine cubic feet.